- The pickled roe of sturgeon or other large fish, eaten as a delicacy.More example sentences
- The chefs meanwhile offer up such delights as caviar, oysters and kangaroo steak.
- Top with the cooked prawns and salmon roe or Avruga caviar.
- That means each can of Iranian caviar contains eggs from a single fish.
mid 16th century: from Italian caviale (earlier caviaro) or French caviar, probably from medieval Greek khaviari.
More definitions of caviarDefinition of caviar in:
- The British & World English dictionary