Definition of ceanothus in English:
A North American shrub of the buckthorn family, cultivated for its dense clusters of small blue or white flowers.
- Genus Ceanothus, family Rhamnaceae: numerous species, especially in the western US, including the blueblossom ceanothus of the Pacific coast
- Plants chosen for drought tolerance as well as color thrive here, including catmint (Nepeta ‘Blue Wonder’), ceanothus, lychnis, penstemon, purple coneflower, rockrose, rosemary, and star jasmine.
- To distinguish a blue blossom ceanothus from a musk bush, for example, look for ridges on the plants' stems.
- Take heel cuttings from ceanothus, penstemons, lavenders, santolinas and philadelphus.
Definition of ceanothus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan