Definition of cecum in English:
noun (plural ceca /-kə/)Anatomy
A pouch connected to the junction of the small and large intestines.
- The digestive tract was removed from each specimen and dissected it into the upper digestive tract, gizzard, small intestine, ceca, large intestine, liver, and pancreas.
- Total digestive tract mass was the summed masses of the upper digestive tract, gizzard, small intestine, ceca, and large intestine.
- In the right lower quadrant you are feeling mainly for the terminal ileum, the cecum, and the ascending colon, and for the descending colon in the left.
- Example sentences
- The artery may also arise from the ileal, posterior cecal, or anterior cecal branch of the ileocecal artery.
- The ‘volcano sign’ described endoscopically is seen as a ‘vortical fold’ pattern on barium studies, which is the concentric ring appearance of the cecal mucosal folds as they approach the obstructed appendiceal orifice.
- Through a midline laparotomy, the cecal and ileocecal junction was identified.
Definition of cecum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia