Celery of a variety that forms a large swollen turniplike root that can be eaten cooked or raw. Also called celery root.
- Apium graveolens rapaceum
More example sentences
- More recently, celery breeding has been directed toward tolerance to a new strain of the same disease, and most of these varieties are crosses with celeriac.
- The barley and the remaining diced, cooked carrot, turnip and celeriac can now be added.
- The winter ratatouille of butternut squash and celeriac was in fact just big chunks of undercooked carrots.
Definition of celeriac in:
- The British & World English dictionary