Definition of celeriac in English:
Celery of a variety that forms a large swollen turniplike root that can be eaten cooked or raw. Also called celery root.
- Apium graveolens rapaceum
- More recently, celery breeding has been directed toward tolerance to a new strain of the same disease, and most of these varieties are crosses with celeriac.
- The barley and the remaining diced, cooked carrot, turnip and celeriac can now be added.
- The winter ratatouille of butternut squash and celeriac was in fact just big chunks of undercooked carrots.
Definition of celeriac in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan