(also cellular telephone)
nounchiefly North American
- A telephone with access to a cellular radio system so it can be used over a wide area, without a physical connection to a network.More example sentences
- The broadbanders are also more likely to have mobile Net access and cellular phones, says SRI.
- Wireless technologies such as pagers and cellular phones can send and receive e-mail today and are gaining momentum with users worldwide.
- It combines the benefits of cordless and cellular phones.
More definitions of cellular phoneDefinition of cellular phone in:
- The British & World English dictionary