- another term for nitrocellulose.More example sentences
- Cellulose reacts with nitric and sulfuric acids to produce cellulose nitrate.
- The first cellulose resin, cellulose nitrate or celluloid, was invented by John Wesley Hyatt, who was trying to find a substitute for ivory in billiard balls in order to win a contest.
- As cellulose nitrate rots, it shrinks and becomes brittle, leaking toxic fumes corrosive enough to turn a reel of film into smelly gelatin ooze.
More definitions of cellulose nitrateDefinition of cellulose nitrate in:
- The British & World English dictionary