- A creature with the head, arms, and torso of a man and the body and legs of a horse.More example sentences
- Behind him stood a variety of demons, centaurs, vampires and elves.
- Seated around the smaller tables were an assortment of fairies, gnomes, centaurs, unicorns, elves, goat men, dragons, and a number of creatures she'd never seen before.
- There are elves and centaurs and unicorns and mermaids and flying lynxes and all shapes of mythical things.
via Latin from Greek kentauros, the Greek name for a Thessalonian tribe of expert horsemen; of unknown ultimate origin.
More definitions of centaurDefinition of centaur in:
- The British & World English dictionary