Definition of centaury in English:
noun (plural centauries)
A widely distributed herbaceous plant of the gentian family, typically having pink petals atop long calyx tubes.
- Centaurium and related genera, family Gentianaceae: many species, including the wild C. pulchellum and the cultivated ornamental C. scilloides
- Centaury varies a great deal according to) its situation, and some botanists enumerate several distinct species.
- The leaves, stems, and flowers of centaury are used medicinally.
- The mythical centaur Chironia, cured a poison arrow wound with centaury, hence its name.
Definition of centaury in:
- British & World English dictionary