noun (plural centavos)
- A monetary unit of Mexico, Brazil, and certain other countries (including Portugal until the introduction of the euro), equal to one hundredth of the basic unit.More example sentences
- Importers will pay about 8 centavos more to acquire dollars.
- In Mexico we only pay centavos for such small bunches.
- The figure is based on an average price increase of 1.66 dollars a barrel for oil and the depreciation of the peso by 33 centavos in the last quarter of 1999, according to the group.
Spanish and Portuguese, from Latin centum 'a hundred'.
More definitions of centavoDefinition of centavo in:
- The British & World English dictionary