- A tool with a conical point for making an indentation in an object, to allow a drill to make a hole at the same spot without slipping.More example sentences
- Once the cabinets are marked lightly in pencil, use an awl or a center punch to create an indentation at the desired spot.
- Place on painted aluminum can lid and mark through holes with a center punch and hammer.
- After verifying the placement of your paper template, grab a sharp center punch and hammer, and using the the screw marks on the paper template, punch small dimples in the top skin of the ski.
More definitions of center punchDefinition of center punch in:
- The British & World English dictionary