Definition of centered in English:
1Placed or situated in the center.
- He had nothing to offer on whether the Selectric balls duplicated the superscripts found on Word, or whether the Selectric balls could produce proportional fonts, kerning, or centered titles.
- I've climbed extensively with both offset and centered monopoints, and the difference isn't readily noticeable - both work equally well.
- And it is literally impossible that on three separate memos, the typist managed to perfectly line up centered text exactly the way Microsoft Word would.
3chiefly US (Of a person) well balanced and confident or serene.
- You tend to be moody but need to come from a centred and balanced space to deal with finances and business opportunities.
- So there's a thought - you could use the visualised image as a gateway back into memory or just a gateway into a centred, balanced or evocative mental space.
- I feel centred and strong, and it's a lovely feeling.
- Example sentences
- For example, her lovely graphic up above there is supposed to be centered, and I bet if I were a more advanced web designer I'm sure I could ensure its centeredness, but I've tried mightily and it's just not sitting still.
- It has pairs of large moody mandalas on each wall that loom and seem to spin, exuding a strong energy that creates an extraordinary zone of centeredness, stillness and power.
- Faith brings you stability, centeredness, calmness and love.
Definition of centered in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan