Definition of centerfold in English:
1The two middle pages of a magazine, typically taken up by a single illustration or feature.
- It was the centerfold layout of the magazine, blown up to poster size.
- She shook her head, ‘I specifically told her I could finish the centerfold layout for the magazine tonight.’
- The page after the centerfold reproduction includes some suggestions for using the reproduction in the classroom.
1.1An illustration on the two middle pages of a magazine, typically a picture of a naked or scantily clad model.
- I have no great picture of her to link because I am out of town in San Francisco and all the pictures I have are the naked librarian Playboy centerfolds I got in email a few days back.
- But now that you mention it, yes, one particularly nasty piece of business does stand out like a quarter-sized hairy mole on the airbrushed cheek of a Playboy centerfold.
- He wouldn't wince, not even when you pursed your lips in a pose worthy of a centerfold (of what magazine, you weren't sure).
Definition of centerfold in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.