- Framing used to support an arch or dome while it is under construction.More example sentences
- The centring is normally made of wood which was a relatively straightforward structure in a simple arch or vault but with more complex shapes clay or sand bound by a weak lime mortar mix could be used.
- The shaping of this sort of centring would probably be done by eye, perhaps with the help of a template and the stone or brick structure laid against it.
- Brunelleschi won the contest in 1420 with a proposal to erect the dome without wooden centering.
More definitions of centeringDefinition of centering in:
- The British & World English dictionary