(also center line)
Definition of centerline in English:
1A real or imaginary line through the center of something, especially one following an axis of symmetry.
- The central line represents the vertical centre line of the body, and also the progression of the movement.
- To minimize steric hindrance, each residue was rotated around an individual axis directed along the local center line of the helix.
- For this reason, the axis on the left shows negative numbers above the center line and positive numbers below.
1.1A painted line running down the middle of a road, dividing traffic traveling in opposite directions.
- The flagger was standing under portable floodlights in the opposing traffic lane close to the centerline, facing oncoming traffic.
- The recently painted runway centerline was smooth and wet from rain, which had created a near-frictionless surface.
- Barclay leaped out of his way, across the centerline and directly into the path of the semi.
Definition of centerline in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan