Relating to division into hundredths.
- We therefore calculated this variable as the difference between mean breeding latitude and mean wintering latitude (in centesimal degrees).
- As a rule it is sufficient to give per day three doses of 5 drops of the 6th centesimal potency.
- Most classical homeopathic practitioners use the centesimal scale of potencies, although a few use the millesimal.
- Example sentences
- The royal megaron of Tiryns was narrower, being 45 such feet, because it was calculated sexagesimally as 30 cubits, instead of being calculated centesimally as the other two, and the Old Temple of Athena.
- This proximate composition of the water may therefore be rendered centesimally as follows.
- He was also associated with G. C. F. M. Prony (1755-1839) in the formation of the great French tables of logarithms of numbers, sines, and tangents, and natural sines, called the Tables du Cadastre, in which the quadrant was divided centesimally; these tables have never been published.
Early 19th century: from Latin centesimus 'hundredth', from centum 'a hundred'.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.