noun (plural centesimos or centesimi-mē)
A monetary unit of Italy until the introduction of the euro, worth one hundredth of a lira (used only in calculations).
- But this was still meant to be a year in which every centesimo was being watched.
- It was subdivided into 100 centesimi (singular: centesimo), which translates to "one hundredth".
- They were charged on arrival the Italian domestic rate of 20 centesimi for each 10 grams of weight.
Definition of centesimo in:
- British & World English dictionary
noun (plural centésimos)
A monetary unit of Uruguay and Panama, equal to one hundredth of a peso in Uruguay and one hundredth of a balboa in Panama.
- The face value of a 1 centesimo coin from Panama is 1/100 of a colon, a fraction of a US cent.
- The nuevo peso was also subdivided into 100 centésimos.
- This was the peso, equal to the 8 Argentine reales and, from 1840, subdivided into 100 centésimos, with some paper money also issued in reales.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan