noun (plural centimos)
- A monetary unit of Spain (until the introduction of the euro) and a number of Latin American countries, equal to one hundredth of the basic unit.More example sentences
- By April of 1938, the 15 centimos stamp had already been reprinted and re-released in a new, dark blue, color.
- The 1 centimo coin we show is catalogued at £300 in uncirculated condition, which seems a lot for a tiny sub-16 mm coin, but cheap compared with any American coin with only perhaps a few hundred surviving examples.
- I sold bags of popcorn at the movies in Lagunillas for a real (50 centimos).
More definitions of centimoDefinition of centimo in:
- The British & World English dictionary