Definition of centipede in English:
A predatory myriapod invertebrate with a flattened elongated body composed of many segments. Most segments bear a single pair of legs.
- Class Chilopoda: several orders
- Some arthropods, like the centipedes, millipedes, and insects, have legs with a single branch (uniramous appendages).
- The rubbish also attracted beetles, flies, centipedes and millipedes.
- Silurian strata have provided likely ascomycete fossils (a group of fungi), as well as remains of the first arachnids and centipedes.
Definition of centipede in:
- British & World English dictionary