(also • trademark Centrex)
- A telephone service in which a group of phone lines can be joined by part of the local exchange acting as a private exchange.More example sentences
- Service may be provided by commercial analog lines or via centrex (central Office exchange service, provided by a switch managed at the provider's central Office).
- Hosted IP Centrex is designed for customers that want all the features of a PBX or Key system without the associated capital, lease, or maintenance costs.
- IP Centrex and Hosted PBX services provide a valuable potential source of new revenue for service providers.
More definitions of centrexDefinition of centrex in:
- The British & World English dictionary