- An apparent force that acts outward on a body moving around a center, arising from the body’s inertia.More example sentences
- The first lesson in astrophysics, however, is that every cosmic phenomenon is governed by competing effects - in this case, gravity, centrifugal forces, and friction.
- So I told my aikido students that they must use centripetal force, not centrifugal force.
- He had also discovered the law giving the centrifugal force on a body moving uniformly in a circular path.
More definitions of centrifugal forceDefinition of centrifugal force in:
- The British & World English dictionary