Having moderate political views or policies.
- He's also the new head of the Democratic Leadership Council, which advocates centrist policies to the Democratic Party.
- However, the government followed right-wing, not centrist policies for the next three years.
- We're back to cautious centrist policies and electoral lists.
A person who holds moderate political views.
- But the fact that the Christian Democrats and the centrists managed to put something like that together in such a short time was very important.
- So maybe gay political moderates and centrists should have their own Millennial March on Washington for faith and family, after all.
- The bitterness in her voice was clear, because, as one of the National Party's centrists, she knows that this is a good policy.
- Example sentences
- These efforts are often touted as examples of the breakthroughs that can be achieved in a deliberative democratic context, by respecting local knowledge and promoting solutions that represent a new ‘radical centrism.’
- His centrism makes it hard for him to ignite the party's base, but that same positioning could be a big general election plus, something victory-starved Democrats covet.
- There are other ways to look at this, and it's true that none are a resounding victory for the far left, but it was a triumph for centrism and moderation.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of centrist in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.