Definition of centrosphere in English:
1 Biology A region of clear, differentiated cytoplasm from which the asters extend during cell division and containing the centriole(s) if present.
- The decisive point is that the chromosomes are bilateral, and can be related to only two centrospheres.
- Our work during the past 18 years suggests that the centrosphere is the cellular location of an integrative system that controls cell motility.
- In addition to that in the centrosphere, numerous other well developed Golgi complexes are found elsewhere in the cytoplasm.
2 Geology The central or inner part of the earth.
- To find out how and why Earth became a habitable planet, we are studying what happens inside it, at depths of more than 1,000 km, and also in the area between the core-mantle boundary and the centrosphere.
- Of fundamental importance here is the extent to which magma, which after being heated by the centrosphere rises and thus causes dominant processes, such as drifting-apart of continents and orogenesis, triggers climatic and sea level fluctuations as well.
- The substances brought within the reach of observation in veinstones, in lavas, and hypogene rocks - by the action of water as a solvent and sublimant - warrant the belief that the centrosphere is largely made up of metals and metalloids with imprisoned gases.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan