- An active predatory mollusk of the large class Cephalopoda, such as an octopus or squid.More example sentences
- The invasion was not limited to brachiopods but also included bryozoans, cephalopods, corals, bivalves, gastropods, trilobites, and crinoids.
- A typical marine community consisted of these animals, plus red and green algae, primitive fish, cephalopods, corals, crinoids, and gastropods.
- Corals, conodonts, bivalves, brachiopods and cephalopods have comparable intracratonic distribution patterns.
More definitions of cephalopodDefinition of cephalopod in:
- The British & World English dictionary