- The use of a ring or loop to bind together the ends of an obliquely fractured bone or to encircle the opening of a malfunctioning cervix.More example sentences
- A Cochrane Collaboration review completed in 2002 identified six relevant trials, four of which studied the effect of cerclage versus no cerclage in preventing preterm delivery.
- Those with a history of multiple gestations, ruptured membranes, history of cervical cerclage, signs of preterm labor or serious medical problems were excluded.
- No randomized studies have shown that use of tocolytic therapy after cerclage is effective.
early 20th century: from French, literally 'encirclement'.
More definitions of cerclageDefinition of cerclage in:
- The British & World English dictionary