Definition of cercopithecoid in English:
A primate of a group that comprises the Old World monkeys.
- Superfamily Cercopithecoidea, family Cercopithecidae
- Our data set was comprised of eight species: a Platyrrhini, the white-fronted capuchin monkey, two cercopithecoids: the Barbary macaque and the hamadryas baboon, four hominoids and an outgroup sequence.
- Fossils of the earliest hominoids (21 million years ago) and the cercopithecoids (Old World monkeys; 19 million years ago) are known from the early Miocene.
- Jablonski also provides an in-depth discussion of the radiation and paleoecology of Neogene cercopithecoids, highlighting the adaptations of extant and extinct Old World monkeys to a diverse range of niches.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to cercopithecoid monkeys.
- The C 1 calibration was based on the estimated ages of the three earliest putative cercopithecoid and hominoid fossils.
- The same situation is encountered at the 3’ splice site of cercopithecoid Old World monkeys (OWMs).
- Primers were designed from conserved regions of the cercopithecoid and human sequences in the public databases.
Definition of cercopithecoid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan