Definition of cereology in English:
The study or investigation of crop circles.
- The phenomenon has spawned its own science: cereology.
- The eccentric Rockefeller - Laurence, that is - has financed further investigations, and now Mel Gibson has done his bit to revitalize cereology, suggesting aliens as the source of the phenomenon.
- During the dark days from late 1992 to early 1994, when hoaxers and skeptics seemed almost-successful in proving that cereology was but a wild-goose chase for fools, Roland kept the Symposium going.
- Example sentences
- By the end of the 1980s books on the crop circle phenomenon had begun to spring up as well, and soon circles-mystery enthusiasts were being dubbed cereologists (after Ceres, the Roman goddess of vegetation).
- They call themselves cereologists, the motley collection of pseudo-scientists, paranormalists and unfulfilled naïfs who have suddenly been thrust into the spotlight by the new movie ‘Signs.’
- While the relationship between crop artists and cereologists is uneasy, the relationship between artists and farmers is mutually beneficial.
Definition of cereology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan