- The chemical element of atomic number 58, a silvery white metal. It is the most abundant of the lanthanide elements and is the main component of the alloy misch metal. (Symbol: Ce)More example sentences
- Green light is also emitted from some lanthanide elements: lanthanum, cerium, and terbium.
- Correlated systems include radioactive metals, such as plutonium, and compounds based on so-called rare earth elements and transition metals, such as cerium, ytterbium and copper.
- That porous layer, which contains stabilized zirconia and small amounts of the metals ruthenium and cerium, chemically and cleanly converts the fuel to hydrogen.
early 19th century: named after the asteroid Ceres, discovered shortly before.
More definitions of ceriumDefinition of cerium in:
- The British & World English dictionary