The branch of zoology that deals with whales, dolphins, and porpoises.
More example sentences
- In his discourse on cetology, Ishmael describes himself in passing as ‘an American whaleman’.
- Besides that, I absolutely enjoyed this book edited by the greatest minds of cetology of our time.
- For the most part, these chapters on cetology are not dull, dry, tedious accounts.
- More example sentences
- The new name, B. omurai, honors the late Japanese cetologist Hideo Omura.
Definition of cetology in:
- The British & World English dictionary