Definition of cetology in English:
The branch of zoology that deals with whales, dolphins, and porpoises.
- In his discourse on cetology, Ishmael describes himself in passing as ‘an American whaleman’.
- Besides that, I absolutely enjoyed this book edited by the greatest minds of cetology of our time.
- For the most part, these chapters on cetology are not dull, dry, tedious accounts.
- cetologist noun
- Example sentences
- The new name, B. omurai, honors the late Japanese cetologist Hideo Omura.
Definition of cetology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.