- A South American dish of marinated raw fish or seafood, typically garnished and served as an appetizer.More example sentences
- The tuna tartare is tart yet tame, easily eclipsed by the mixed-seafood seviche sparked with pickled jalapeño or the yellowtail sliced like carpaccio and brushed with just lemon, sea salt, and basil.
- As the dining public tries out new types of cuisine, whether it is Brazilian churrasco or Peruvian ceviche, they're likely to forego the usual Martini and inquire about traditional South American beverages.
- The menu here is diverse and includes albacore ceviche, crispy pizza with chorizo sausage, and Muscovy duck confit with white beans.
South American Spanish.
More definitions of cevicheDefinition of ceviche in:
- The British & World English dictionary