Definition of chacma baboon in English:
A dark gray baboon that lives on the savanna of southern Africa.
- Papio ursinus, family Cercopithecidae
- In her article, however, she includes the photograph of a young chacma baboon.
- The chacma baboon is a frugivorous species, but leaves also constitute a major part of the diet.
- He also observed chacma baboons at length and he was the father of the scientific study of the behaviour of primates.
Mid 19th century: from Khoikhoi.
Definition of chacma baboon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.