Definition of chaffweed in English:
A tiny European pimpernel with pink or white flowers.
- Anagallis minima, family Primulaceae
- We have also found smooth boisduvalia and chaffweed under irrigation pivots in cultivated fields, and sand verbena is found in open, shifting sand dunes.
- A. minima (chaffweed) is a small, spreading annual with alternate, oval, stalkless leaves.
- Alvan W. Chapman first collected chaffweed in the mid 1800s along the Caloosahatchee River (s.n., US), presumably in Lee County.
Definition of chaffweed in:
- British & World English dictionary