Definition of chaffweed in English:
A tiny European pimpernel with pink or white flowers.
- Anagallis minima, family Primulaceae
- We have also found smooth boisduvalia and chaffweed under irrigation pivots in cultivated fields, and sand verbena is found in open, shifting sand dunes.
- A. minima (chaffweed) is a small, spreading annual with alternate, oval, stalkless leaves.
- Alvan W. Chapman first collected chaffweed in the mid 1800s along the Caloosahatchee River (s.n., US), presumably in Lee County.
Definition of chaffweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan