(also chalcid wasp)
Definition of chalcid in English:
A minute parasitic wasp of a large group whose members lay eggs inside the eggs of other insects. They typically have bright metallic coloration.
- Superfamily Chalcidoidea, order Hymenoptera
- It features unique footage of one of the world's smallest insects, a chalcid wasp known as a fairyfly.
- We identified a high level of mortality to stem beetles due to the attack of the chalcid.
- All species analyzed in this study are organized according to current chalcid taxonomy.
Definition of chalcid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.