- An exhibit containing such gruesome displays as instruments or scenes of torture or execution.More example sentences
- He has marked him out with an arrow, as if this clenched and tortured image was an exhibit in the artist's chamber of horrors.
- Over the years, commentators have compared Dr. Koch to a sorcerer, butcher and torturer in his chamber of horrors.
- Once inside, we walked through the Hollywood party scene, then through history and politics, eventually reaching the chamber of horrors, which must be the big draw here.
mid 19th century: from the name given to a room in Madame Tussaud's waxworks exhibition in London.
More definitions of chamber of horrorsDefinition of chamber of horrors in:
- The British & World English dictionary