- I like the Vikings as NFC champs and Super Bowl runners-up.
- The Japanese baseball champs douse their star with Sapporo beer (I love the beer goggles - literally).
- I went to high school with future champs.
Mid 19th century: abbreviation.
Definition of champ in:
Entry from British & World English dictionary
An Irish dish of potatoes mashed with spring onions, butter, and milk: he served up mounds of fresh creamy champ with roast lamb
More example sentences
- He orders peppered chicken and champ.
- Gordon had an all-American hamburger with fries and I had sausages and champ.
- There has been an Irish stew and champ night organized.
Late 19th century: from champ1.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.