- A venereal infection causing ulceration of the lymph nodes in the groin. Also called soft chancre.More example sentences
- In the developing world, the commonest diseases are gonorrhoea, syphilis, chancroid, and HIV infection, whereas in developed countries they are chlamydial infections, non-specific urethritis, genital warts, and herpes.
- A pelvic examination in women and a perineal and penile examination in men can identify the presence of discharge, trauma, or infective lesions such as herpes or chancroid.
- In my own area we have seen a significant rise in gonorrhoea infections, chlamydia, ano-genital warts, trichomoniasis and chancroid, more prevalent among 16 to 25-year-olds.
More definitions of chancroidDefinition of chancroid in:
- The British & World English dictionary