(also channel catfish)
- A common North American freshwater catfish that has a pale blue to olive back with dark spots.
More example sentences
- Ictalurus punctatus, family Ictaluridae
- The twin lakes are stocked with channel catfish, blue catfish, bluegill sunfish and largemouth bass.
- Another characteristic of channel catfish is the ability to hear sounds.
- Researchers have identified naturally occurring antibiotics in channel catfish that may be a promising indicator for monitoring fish health in the expanding aquaculture industry nationwide.
More definitions of channel catDefinition of channel cat in:
- The British & World English dictionary