Definition of channel-hop in English:
verb[no object] informal
1 another term for channel-surf.
- The much-married Murphy shuttles us between 50 years of his life and the compulsive television channel-hopping he has adopted as an alternative to more dangerous forms of addiction.
- Children, teens and adults channel-hop with the TV remote control, afraid to miss a single choice in their final viewing selection, flicking through the pictures and information like some sort of voluntary brain-washing session.
- Lori began idly channel-hopping again, guarding the remote jealously after repeated attempts by Angel to kidnap it.
- channel-hopper noun
- Example sentences
- They must get a great many viewers simply through channel-hoppers.
- Claims that BBC4 has achieved 5% viewing figures are based on Enron-style accounting, whereby any channel-hopper who spends three consecutive minutes per week there is counted in.
- Now you can have 200 channels and nothing on - a flourishing of pointless choice that leads to attention-deficit viewing, the nervous tic of the channel-hopper who can't concentrate for more than a few seconds at a time.
Definition of channel-hop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.