- A female singer of popular songs, especially in a nightclub.More example sentences
- She is the type of singer that gets called a chanteuse a lot.
- She grew up in an age when the chanteuse didn't need an orchestra or a symphony hall to get their message across.
- Listen to her voice and there's a depth and maturity that many of the current batch of young teenage chanteuses, who look as if the worst thing in life they've experienced is runny mascara, conspicuously lack.
French, from chanter 'sing'.
More definitions of chanteuseDefinition of chanteuse in:
- The British & World English dictionary