noun (plural chapatis)
- (In Indian cooking) a thin pancake of unleavened whole-grain bread cooked on a griddle.More example sentences
- It is eaten in the form of flat, unleavened bread called chapatis or roti, together with spiced lentils and vegetables in season.
- More than a century later Mumbai's middle classes still prefer their chapatis cooked at home.
- You can serve it with rice or chapatis or nan bread to mop up.
from Hindi capātī, from capānā 'flatten, roll out'.
More definitions of chapatiDefinition of chapati in:
- The British & World English dictionary