noun (plural chapeaux /-ˈpō(z)/)
- A hat or cap.More example sentences
- Leading the hat parade was luncheon chair Lynda Transier, whose broad-brimmed black chapeau was dressed with fresh flowers.
- He sat next to me on the bed, taking off his captain's chapeau.
- Often copied, never quite equaled, the Tilley Hat is the most all-purpose chapeau I know.
late 15th century: from French, from Latin cappellum, diminutive of cappa 'cap'.
More definitions of chapeauDefinition of chapeau in:
- The British & World English dictionary