- A protein that aids the assembly and folding of other protein molecules in living cells.More example sentences
- In addition to folding new proteins, chaperonins also re-fold old proteins which have somehow gotten twisted out of shape.
- The best studied chaperone is the bacterial chaperonin, GroEL, a large protein shaped like a double ring with dyad symmetry under certain conditions.
- The biogenesis of microtubules in the cell comprises a series of complex steps, including protein-folding reactions catalyzed by chaperonins.
More definitions of chaperoninDefinition of chaperonin in:
- The British & World English dictionary