Definition of chaplain in English:
A member of the clergy attached to a private chapel, institution, ship, branch of the armed forces, etc.
- Prison chaplains reflect the same wide variety of theological beliefs as religious leaders on the other side of the bars.
- He also was meeting Evangelical chaplains, who seemed to possess something that he lacked.
- Each morning we got together to hear God's Word preached by the chaplain.
- Example sentences
- The parish is the historic home of the Catholic chaplaincy at Harvard.
- Social ministry organizations, schools, colleges and chaplaincies to work together to advance the gospel and the common good.
- The book is a good introduction to the history and basic challenges of military chaplaincy.
Words that rhyme with chaplainChaplin
Definition of chaplain in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan