- 1A building used for the meetings of the canons of a cathedral or other religious community.More example sentences
- Originally the cathedral's chapter house, the building was transformed into a girls' school in 1853.
- An exhibition about the new research will be on display in the cathedral chapter house until June 30.
- The chapter house of a monastery, cathedral, or collegiate foundation was second only to the church in importance, and was usually built in close proximity to it.
- 1.1US A place where a college fraternity or sorority meets.More example sentences
- Wayne Delia, grand delta of Phi Kappa Sigma for the North Atlantic Region, provided a chapter review based on information gathered during recent visits to the Potsdam chapter house and in meetings with college officials.
- The financial management of each fraternity/sorority chapter house is the responsibility of the student membership.
- Alpha Phi was the first women's sorority to have a chapter house.
More definitions of chapter houseDefinition of chapter house in:
- The British & World English dictionary