noun (plural charangos)
- A small Andean guitar, traditionally made from an armadillo shell.More example sentences
- Instead, on lonely curves, we'd pass a young man in a tall, conical knitted hat and a bright embroidered jacket, walking along playing a tiny guitar, a charango, to himself.
- Originally, the soundbox of the charango was made from the shell of an armadillo, which gave it a unique sound and appearance.
- The haunting sound of the large pan pipes, the melodious sound of the charango and the moving atmosphere created by the violin bring this diverse repertoire beautifully together.
1920s: from South American Spanish.
More definitions of charangoDefinition of charango in:
- The British & World English dictionary