- The electric charge per unit area of a surface, or per unit volume of a field or body.More example sentences
- The lateral segregation of charged membrane components, leading to local changes in surface charge density, depends linearly on electric field.
- Consequently, by changing the potential applied to the electrode, the charge density on the gold surface and hence the field acting on the membrane can be used as a variable in our experiments.
- The macroscopic charge density inside a conductor is zero.
More definitions of charge densityDefinition of charge density in:
- The British & World English dictionary