verb(usually as adjective chargrilled)
- Grill (food, typically meat or fish) quickly at a high heat.More example sentences
- Heat a griddle pan until hot and chargrill the potatoes for four to five minutes or until golden brown.
- For mains, we have chargrilled tenderloin and Chilean sea bass.
- Other main courses included stuffed aubergine with feta cheese, tomato and chick pea salsa or chargrilled fillet of beef with Roquefort butter, salad, tomato and fries.
late 20th century: on the pattern of charbroil.
More definitions of chargrillDefinition of chargrill in:
- The British & World English dictionary