1A code word representing the letter C, used in radio communication.
- In addition to not having flown in the west for quite a while, being assigned the plane at night complicated things even more: The charlie model is slightly different than the bravo model I flew as an instructor.
2 informal Cocaine.
- Hence you have a band who are clearly a bit un-nerved by the amount of freeloaders gossiping about their next load of charlie, and the whole thing spirals down from there.
- The point of all the numbers - published by a team from the Institute for Pharmacological Research in Milan - is that consumption of charlie in the region is much higher than previously thought.
- I'll be knackered by teatime. I'll need a drink and a nice line or two of charlie.
3US & Australian/New Zealand military slang A member of the Vietcong or the Vietcong collectively.
Shortening of Victor Charlie, radio code for VC, representing Vietcong
- When it comes to standing up to Victor Charlie, there is no color difference among U.S. troops.
- The Viet Cong aka Charlie will be eating in our "mess hall".
Late 19th century: diminutive of the male given name Charles.
Words that rhyme with CharlieBali, barley, Cali, Carly, Dali, Diwali, finale, gnarly, Gurkhali, Kali, Kigali, Mali, Marley, marly, Pali, parley, snarly, Somali, Svengali, tamale
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.