- A wild mustard with yellow flowers, commonly found as a weed in fields and along roadsides.
More example sentences
- Brassica kaber (or Sinapis arvensis), family Brassicaceae
- At one test site, researchers found a GM version of the common weed charlock growing in the field, the year after the GM trial.
- Chickweed, charlock (yellow flowers) and runch (white flowers) plants are now big enough to cause some concern.
- In California, the cultivated radish, Raphanus sativus, and the jointed charlock, R. raphanistrum, have completely merged.
Old English cerlic, cyrlic, of unknown origin.
More definitions of charlockDefinition of charlock in:
- The British & World English dictionary