noun (plural charros)
- A Mexican horseman or cowboy, typically one in elaborate traditional dress.More example sentences
- Men dress as charros, or Mexican cowboys, and wear wide-brimmed sombreros along with tailored jackets and pants lined with silver or shining metal buttons.
- On Friday, about 500 members will join a group of professional cowboys, or charros, who have come all the way from the state of Washington, horse trailers in tow, to vote in Tijuana, Aguirre said.
- The western region surrounding Salamanca has an economy based on cattle raising, and the extravagantly large hat and embroidered jacket worn by that province's charros were passed on to the Mexican cowboys.
early 20th century: Mexican Spanish, from Spanish, literally 'rustic'.
More definitions of charroDefinition of charro in:
- The British & World English dictionary