- (In North America) a publicly funded independent school established by teachers, parents, or community groups under the terms of a charter with a local or national authority.More example sentences
- High Tech High is a public charter school founded by a business coalition that raised more than $6 million for start-up.
- The firm also recently designed its first school - a charter school in Escondido.
- Attracting students - 25 families came to the first open house - was easy compared with getting the charter school approved, hiring teachers and paying rent.
More definitions of charter schoolDefinition of charter school in:
- The British & World English dictionary